Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Unable to ping Cisco 3750 Switch from non-directly connected device

Unanswered Question
Mar 29th, 2014
User Badges:

I have a Cisco 3750 configured baiscally as a hub. All ports are configured as access ports on the same vlan 10. VLAN interface 10 was given an IP Address of 10.10.10.1, in order to connect to the switch. I can ping the device from a directly connected my huawei NE40E router 10.10.10.99, but unable to ping the device from a different subnet 1.1.1.1. This switch is used to connect to other devices in the site on the same 10.10.10 subnet, and I am able to ping those devices through the switch, but not the switches vlan interface. Can anyone tell me what im missing?

I have dealt with this issue before, so I feel really stupid asking this question, and feel like I will kick myself once someone answers, but I just cannot think of whats causing the issue.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vaib7av.shirkul Sat, 03/29/2014 - 01:20
User Badges:

Hi,

To communicate between different subnet, need layer 3 device ( 3750 switch can do intervlan routing )

You have to configure new L3 vlan ( int vlan X - 1.1.1.x ), then intervlan routing will work and make sure

IP ROUTING enabled.

paul driver Sat, 03/29/2014 - 01:36
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
Hello Does this switch have a default-gateway configured and see as its acting as a host switch disable ip routing if its enabled? Res Paul

Actions

This Discussion