cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I show the running IOS-XE for 4500X switches other than using show version way?

Gilson Machado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to find a way to show the current IOS version running in a 4500X. The show version indicates software running default and other commands like show bootvar only indicates what I have configured. Is there other way? Is it related to configuration register?

Thanks

GIL

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  

The "sh hardware" (old command) or the "sh version" will tell you the IOS version of the switch.  The version is found in the first line output.  If you want to be pedantic, the same set of command(s) will show you the bootvariable statement as well as the location where the IOS file is located.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  

The "sh hardware" (old command) or the "sh version" will tell you the IOS version of the switch.  The version is found in the first line output.  If you want to be pedantic, the same set of command(s) will show you the bootvariable statement as well as the location where the IOS file is located.  

Hi Leo,

Thanks for answering me. I am trying to find an alternative. Yes I am aware of those commands. But I found interesting that it has some relation between the configuration- register is set and the way the show version presents what image is running and where the image is loaded.

Gil

Errrrr ... You're not confusing yourself with the version of the IOS versus the version of the bootstrap, are you?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco