Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No interface BVI ?

Hi,

I have a situation with a Waas 574. Software Versione 4.4.3.
This is my first waas experience. I've reinstalled the flash image and software in raid disks and now I have a brand new waas.At the end of the installation process I configured the interface gigabit ethernet 1/0 to register with central manager. Via central manager I enable the virtual blade choosing the gigabit ethernet 1/0 as bridge but the configuration result "partially configured" and I can't start the vb. After some searches I know that I must create a BVI interface.. but I can't do this because via cli I don't have the commands to do that and via central manager I receive the error "Bridge Configurations are not supported on this Hardware or Software combination."

Can someone explain that?

TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi TIA,

Can you confirm whether /vbspace partition is created in the disk after the device reload?

Steps to enable the WAE for using virtual blade.

1) From the WAAS Central Manager, choose Manage Devices.
2) Click   Edit icon next to the WAE that you are about to configure
3)Choose Admin >License Management. The License Management screen will appear. Check Virtual-Blade, then press Submit.
4)Choose Admin > Virtualization > General Settings. The General Settings window appears. Check Enable Virtualization, then press Submit. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to modify general settings, and by doing so will cause the WAE to reboot.

5)The WAE will reload twice. This is required to allocate resources for the Virtual blade. After the reload, verify that the WAE is ready to support Virtualization by using the following two CLI commands.  Confirm that the /vbspace GUEST device exists with the show disk details command, and confirm  that the virtual blade resources are available by issuing the show virtual-blade command.

WAE#sh disks details
Mounted file systems:
 MOUNT POINT      TYPE       DEVICE                SIZE     INUSE      FREE USE%
 /sw              internal   /dev/sda1            991MB     855MB     136MB  86%
 /swstore         internal   /dev/sda2            991MB     851MB     140MB  85%
 /state           internal   /dev/sda3           7935MB     197MB    7738MB   2%
 /local/local1    SYSFS      /dev/sda6          22318MB     644MB   21674MB   2%
 /vbspace         GUEST      /dev/data1/vbsp   213723MB    9333MB  204390MB   4%
 .../local1/spool PRINTSPOOL /dev/data1/spool     991MB      32MB     959MB   3%

WAE#sh virtual-blade

Regards,

Bala.R

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi TIA,

Can you confirm whether /vbspace partition is created in the disk after the device reload?

Steps to enable the WAE for using virtual blade.

1) From the WAAS Central Manager, choose Manage Devices.
2) Click   Edit icon next to the WAE that you are about to configure
3)Choose Admin >License Management. The License Management screen will appear. Check Virtual-Blade, then press Submit.
4)Choose Admin > Virtualization > General Settings. The General Settings window appears. Check Enable Virtualization, then press Submit. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to modify general settings, and by doing so will cause the WAE to reboot.

5)The WAE will reload twice. This is required to allocate resources for the Virtual blade. After the reload, verify that the WAE is ready to support Virtualization by using the following two CLI commands.  Confirm that the /vbspace GUEST device exists with the show disk details command, and confirm  that the virtual blade resources are available by issuing the show virtual-blade command.

WAE#sh disks details
Mounted file systems:
 MOUNT POINT      TYPE       DEVICE                SIZE     INUSE      FREE USE%
 /sw              internal   /dev/sda1            991MB     855MB     136MB  86%
 /swstore         internal   /dev/sda2            991MB     851MB     140MB  85%
 /state           internal   /dev/sda3           7935MB     197MB    7738MB   2%
 /local/local1    SYSFS      /dev/sda6          22318MB     644MB   21674MB   2%
 /vbspace         GUEST      /dev/data1/vbsp   213723MB    9333MB  204390MB   4%
 .../local1/spool PRINTSPOOL /dev/data1/spool     991MB      32MB     959MB   3%

WAE#sh virtual-blade

Regards,

Bala.R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: