Views
Helpful
Replies

MediaSense licensing query

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all

I have just finished a MediaSense v9.1 installation as a VM.I am using CUCM based BiB recordings (no UCCX involved) and  everything is working well at the moment including the communication of MediaSense with a custom application and a database which manages the recordings. However my question is about MCP licensing. I have read in the administration guide that MediaSense licensing is trust-based but in the white papers it mentions that there should be a license per concurrent recording session. When I purchased the software (MCP-SVR-SW), I purchased a license for 10 concurrent recording sessions (MCP-BASE-LIC, MCP-CORE-AUD-LIC). I cannot find where should I "install" those licenses.Do I have to do it in the MediaSense server administration or in the CUCM???

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

There is no installable license.  It is a paper Right to Use license.  I just went through all the docs and ordering guides myself looking for that answer.  Not very clear to the end user...

Thanks

Jesse

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

There is no installable license.  It is a paper Right to Use license.  I just went through all the docs and ordering guides myself looking for that answer.  Not very clear to the end user...

Thanks

Jesse

Thank you Jesse for your reply.

I thought so too but I wanted a second opinion on this issue.

Regards

In the Installation Guide of MediaSense 10.5 it states (page 20) :

« The primary licensing and feature activation method for MediaSense is trust-based licensing, therefore you do not need to install any MediaSense licenses ».

So you don't need any license to apply to the MediaSense server(s).

Cisco trusts you, so don't abuse.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: