Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP dialpeer to CUE IVR

Hi,

I have a SIP trunk configured in VG to land incomming calls. Calls from outside are able to receive directly on DID extensions successfully. 

Want to configure the DID number to be forwarded to IVR so i can hear welcome greeting. 

like if someone calling on 7700(DID) the call should be forwarded to IVR (CUE-1119). 

Quick response is highly appreciated.

Thank You

Sam

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sam, it is better to create a Translation Pattern in CUCM with 2287700 with partition same as other IP phones and modify the called party number to 1119.

if you dial 1119 from any ip phone, does it work without any issues now?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

Hi Sam,

Modify your dial-peer 100 and then test a call.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 228....

Now what happen is VG will send called number as 2281119 to CUCM and you need translation pattern on CUCM to convert this called number to 1119.

If you don't need translation pattern on  CUCM , you can use translation rule to convert this number.

Let me know

Thanks

Manish

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You could make 7700 a trigger for the IVR or you could make 7700 a directory number and set forward-all to the IVR or you could make 7700 a translation pattern and translate the called number to the IVR.

Hi Brain,

Thanks for reply.

I have CUCM 9. I someone calls on DID 7700 it should prompt welcome message. And if anyone trying to call internally to 7700 it should ring without prompting welcome message. So, in above it works with external calls but not internal. Correct me if m wrong!

- I created a system call handler- recorded a message- extension 1119. When i dial 1119 it prompts welcome message. So, far call handler is done. Thing left is external incomming calls landing on VG  DID 7700 should be translated to 1119. 

- Created translate rule.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /7700/ /1119/
!
!
voice translation-profile for_7700_1119
 translate called 1

- Figured that call is hitting incomming dial-peer 5001.So, i configured translation-profile  incomming for_7700_1119.

Still no luck. I suspect there is something very simple i am missing here. So if anyone could point me to the right direction is would be very much appreciated.

Thank U

Sam

do you have the outgoing dial-peer for 1119 on your GW? you may collect "debug voice ccapi inout" to check the incoming & outgoing dial-peer matching & number translation? Was there a configuration in CUCM to accept the call with called number 1119 & send the same to IVR?

Hello Suresh,

I checked incomming & outgoing dial-peers. Outgoing is 100 & incomming 5001. Below configuration example.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /7700/ /1119/
!
!
voice translation-profile for_7700_1119
 translate called 1

dial-peer voice 100 voip
 description *** VOIP DIAL-PEER To IP-PHONES ***
 translation-profile outgoing for_7700_1119
 destination-pattern 22877..
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:172.22.240.100
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric h245-signal rtp-nte
 fax protocol none
 no vad
 supplementary-service pass-through

dial-peer voice 5001 voip
 description **Incoming calls to STC SIP Trunk**
 translation-profile incoming for_7700_1119
 session protocol sipv2
 incoming called-number .T
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

Could you please help me with sample templates of below:

- Configuration in CUCM to accpet the call 1119 & send to IVR.

Thank You for reply.

Sam

Hello Sam,

in the dial-peer 5001, you are changing the called number from 7700 to 1119, but it would not match the outgoing dial-peer 100 because the destination pattern configured there is 22877..

what is number you would receive from provider? 22877XX or 77XX? how would the other calls match the dial-peer 100 as it has the destination pattern as 2277..?

what is the significant digit configured on the sip trunk for inbound call settings?

except the IVR calls, other inbound calls to IP phones are working fine? We would need to modify all your dial-peers to make it working.

Hi Suresh,

Below answers fro ur questions:

- DID numbers we received from provider are 22877XX.

- Inbound calls significant digits . ALL

- Yes, except IVR call all other calls are absolutely working fine.

Kindly, let me know the configuration in order to make it worked. Would be great if it is not interrupting the current setup.

Thank U

Sam

Hi Sam, it is better to create a Translation Pattern in CUCM with 2287700 with partition same as other IP phones and modify the called party number to 1119.

if you dial 1119 from any ip phone, does it work without any issues now?

HI Suresh,

I did create the Translation pattern in CUCM as above.And tried calling on 2287700 from my mobile, it just hangedup. (call got disconnected).

yes, it absolutely works fine when i dial 1119 from any internal IP phones.

Hi Sam,

Please attach "debug ccsip message" and "debug voice ccapi inout" when you call from your mobile to 2287700.

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish,

Please check attached debug. Plz let me know if any configs to do.

Thank U

Sam

Call Params(Calling Number=583125185,(Calling Name=)(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=Not Screened, Presentation=Allowed),
   Called Number=2281119(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown), Calling Translated=FALSE,
   Subscriber Type Str=Unknown, FinalDestinationFlag=TRUE, Outgoing Dial-peer=5000, Call Count On=FALSE,

Its not matching the correct outgoing dial-peer towards CUCM. If you see the logs its matching outgoing dial-peer 5000 and the second leg SIP Invite sent to 10.208.9.69 which is not CUCM ip address.

Please share your GW config of dial-peer section. We need to correct it first

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish,

Attached, are dial peer configs.

10.208.9.69  - SIP 

Sam

Hi Sam,

Modify your dial-peer 100 and then test a call.

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 228....

Now what happen is VG will send called number as 2281119 to CUCM and you need translation pattern on CUCM to convert this called number to 1119.

If you don't need translation pattern on  CUCM , you can use translation rule to convert this number.

Let me know

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot. I  did worked.

Appreciated.

BR

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: