Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 DDNS support for no-ip.com

torped020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

would it be possible to add no-ip.com DDNS support in the future firmware releases for RV180 series routers? I know that no-ip.com is officially supported in RV110W series routers already.

6 Replies 6

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

torped020,

Please open a case to make a feature request:

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Well, not the response I wanted to hear

but ok, I'll try opening up a feature request

A quick update:

I've opened a support case with Cisco and will let you know if I get anywhere with this.

torped020,

Thanks for the update. Please post your case number so I can monitor the progress.

- Marty

Support case

629927129 : RV180 - Feature request to add no-ip.com DDNS provider

I got a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glomar_response response below:

"We have received your request to add support for no-ip.com DDNS service to the RV180x platform. This feature may or may not be added in the future. If the feature is added it will be in a future firmware release, and will be noted in the corresponding Release Notes for that firmware. Please periodically check Cisco.com download page for updates."

andym8674
Level 1
Level 1

ive just posted something similar to this, dyndns is terminating its free service, TZO has been bought by Dyndns so only option left in the rv180w is 3322.org which is Chinese.

im looking for alternate method with out using a windows client to update dns to another supplier and without using another device that offers custom DDNS config like ddwrt.

there is a new firmware release due to fix known issues within 1.0.3.10 would be very nice if a custom option would be added, only having 2 configurable DDNS options is very limiting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: