cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy way to mass-populate SIP display name on TC endpoints?

I'm just wondering if there's any way to populate the display name on a TC endpoint either from TMS or from a unit's existing system name?

I'm trying to change my environment to call out using a name instead of a SIP URI (which are all E164@domain in our network).  If I set a display name on a unit it works, but as it stands that would mean logging into 100+ units.  If I could set it via TMS, or tell it to populate from the system name, this would solve my problem.

TC6.3 and 7.1, TMS 14.3.2 and VCS 7.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

You can easily set up a configuration template in TMS to push the same display name to all of your endpoints, but the templates do not support a variable part. I don't think TMS can help you achieve what you want.

If I had thousands of endpoints, I would consider writing a shell script that connected to all of them via SSH to issue a "xconfiguration SIP Profile DisplayName" command, but when you only have 100? Probably not, as writing the script is likely to take longer than SSHing into them manually... frown

Regards,
Kjetil

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

You can easily set up a configuration template in TMS to push the same display name to all of your endpoints, but the templates do not support a variable part. I don't think TMS can help you achieve what you want.

If I had thousands of endpoints, I would consider writing a shell script that connected to all of them via SSH to issue a "xconfiguration SIP Profile DisplayName" command, but when you only have 100? Probably not, as writing the script is likely to take longer than SSHing into them manually... frown

Regards,
Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Thanks for the reply.  I thought that may be the case but it was worth asking :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: