Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 ios upgradation

rishad ahammed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I am planning to upgrade my 6500 ios to s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI13, which need 512 mb of flash. But I have only 256 mb flash with me. Is there any way to upgrade the ios without flash card. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Even if you could make it work (delete current image, squeeze bootflash, etc.) I wouldn't recommend trying it. For about $US100 you can get a 512 MB compact flash card that will give you enough memory. that's a small investment for a core switch upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Even if you could make it work (delete current image, squeeze bootflash, etc.) I wouldn't recommend trying it. For about $US100 you can get a 512 MB compact flash card that will give you enough memory. that's a small investment for a core switch upgrade.

Thank you Marvin Rhoads for your reply

about $US100 you can get a 512 MB compact flash card

US$100???  For a 512 Mb compact flash????  laughlaugh

Wow.  That's pretty steep.  I got all of my Sup32/Sup720 a 2 Gb CF for AU$20 a few years ago.  

I think I still have a few Cisco-branded 1 Gb CF.  

Hey Marvin!  Haven't seen you posting for a while.  Work must be killing you (again).  

I was citing a middle road price between the least expensive ones and the Cisco branded ones that have list prices several times that. The one I cited was offered new on Amazon.com. In either case the price is less than the cost of a couple hours wrestling with trying to squeeze a too big image along side the running one.

Hey Leo - I'm around - just behind you in the #4 spot on this month's leaderboard as of now. I'm trying to knock out a couple of the CCNP Security tests before they flip over to new format in a couple of weeks. 

I've been hitting the VPN and Firewall forums pretty hard. I'm trying to get on the board in Firewall (I'm about 200 points out) and also knock Karsten out of the #3 spot in VPN before I see him at Cisco Live. :)

LOL!   Go Marvin, go!

I'm slowly hitting the IP Telephony too. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco