Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5545x basic config template Best Practice

Steve Coady
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am in the process of making some major WAN/Data Center network changes. As part of that, i am installing

dual ASA5545x's in each DC (2) for redundancy. Please advise on what is best practice for basic configuration on these devices.

sMc
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want a good overview guide, there's a Cisco Validated Design (CVD) that covers an ASA setup. See this link.

At the same time, firewall configuration and what you setup depends a lot on your policy and what you're using the firewall for - Internet edge, DMZ, milti-tenant, inter-department, remote access VPN (client-based and clientless), site to site VPN, etc.

Each has numerous options and no prescriptive guide covers them all.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want a good overview guide, there's a Cisco Validated Design (CVD) that covers an ASA setup. See this link.

At the same time, firewall configuration and what you setup depends a lot on your policy and what you're using the firewall for - Internet edge, DMZ, milti-tenant, inter-department, remote access VPN (client-based and clientless), site to site VPN, etc.

Each has numerous options and no prescriptive guide covers them all.

Marvin

Thank you for the response. I will check out the link. My design is for a dual 5545x for redundancy at (2) Data Centers, each a fail over for the other.

sMc
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card