Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Router Client VPN (Easy VPN) IPsec with Anyconnect

mmiersebach
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to configure on my IOS Router a IPsec Client VPN and connect to it with any connect.
Is it possible to configure a IPSec and SSL Client VPN on a IOS router ? I am using a 1841 for example.

It would be perfect to give the user the choice of SSL or IPSec. And the user only needs the Anyconnect Client.

I think it is possible with a Cisco ASA. But Can I also do this with a IOS Router?

Please let me know how if this is possible.

By the way is it right that IOS Routers are not affected from the hear bleed bug? Also the SSL VPN page and SSL VPN with Anyconnect is save?

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140409-heartbleed

But I am anyway interested in using IPSec and SSL VPN on a IOS router...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's right - CCP doesn't yet offer the options for configuring an IPsec VPN with IKEv2.

The configuration guide (here) offers some detailed guidance and includes some configuration examples.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes - as of IOS15.2(1)T or later you can configure IPsec (IKEv2) on an IOS router for AnyConnect client access. Reference. That setup can coexist with the SSL VPN server.

Please see the official Cisco Security Advisory for the latest information about the heartbleed bug.

thx that sounds great I am using c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M8.bin.

But I couldn't find any option for that in the CCP. But I think this option isn't available in the CCP yet.

Are there any configuration examples?

That's right - CCP doesn't yet offer the options for configuring an IPsec VPN with IKEv2.

The configuration guide (here) offers some detailed guidance and includes some configuration examples.