Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Migration from LMS to Prime Inf 2.0

Answered Question
Apr 15th, 2014
User Badges:

Good day!

I'm trying to move list of device from LMS 4.0.0 to Prime Inf 2.0. Procedure:

1) Make a backup of LMS 4.0 
2) On the VM deployed LMS 4.2 
3) Copy the backup to LMS 4.2 
4) Patched LMS 4.2 to 4.2.2 and then to 4.2.4 
5) With LMS 4.2.4 trying to copy a CSV file 
Problem - some of the equipment lost its settings - username / password has changed to cisco / cisco + part of the equipment does not transferred to Prime Inf

Someone has an idea?

Correct Answer by Marvin Rhoads about 3 years 4 months ago

I've never seen LMS "make up" credentials like that. If you still have your original LMS 4.0 running, you could try to run an export using dcrcli (Device and Credentials Repository command line interface) and inspect the values in the resultant .csv file. Detailed instructions are here.

You could simply edit the csv file exported from LMS 4.2(4) to include the proper credentials. Are there so many different ones that this would be burdensome?

A best practice is to use a service account for LMS that's defined in AD and your TACACS or RADIUS AAA server.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Marvin Rhoads Tue, 04/15/2014 - 06:07
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Firewalling, Network Management, VPN

I've never seen LMS "make up" credentials like that. If you still have your original LMS 4.0 running, you could try to run an export using dcrcli (Device and Credentials Repository command line interface) and inspect the values in the resultant .csv file. Detailed instructions are here.

You could simply edit the csv file exported from LMS 4.2(4) to include the proper credentials. Are there so many different ones that this would be burdensome?

A best practice is to use a service account for LMS that's defined in AD and your TACACS or RADIUS AAA server.

Svartalf1989 Wed, 04/16/2014 - 23:15
User Badges:

Thanks for your good advice, I found the reason. If LMS equipment does not have any passwords, then when they convert log/pass changed to cisco/ cisco + if in the password was "," it is necessary to edit the h CSV file (comma disappears and all characters after it move down to the right column). 

Marvin Rhoads Thu, 04/17/2014 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Firewalling, Network Management, VPN

Ah, good to know about how Cisco suggests using their password if you don't have any. I can't say that I've ever managed a network where there were no login passwords.

In any case, I'm glad it's straightened out. Thanks for the rating.

Actions

This Discussion