Level 1

Good day!

I'm trying to move list of device from LMS 4.0.0 to Prime Inf 2.0. Procedure:

1) Make a backup of LMS 4.0 
2) On the VM deployed LMS 4.2 
3) Copy the backup to LMS 4.2 
4) Patched LMS 4.2 to 4.2.2 and then to 4.2.4 
5) With LMS 4.2.4 trying to copy a CSV file 
Problem - some of the equipment lost its settings - username / password has changed to cisco / cisco + part of the equipment does not transferred to Prime Inf

Someone has an idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've never seen LMS "make up" credentials like that. If you still have your original LMS 4.0 running, you could try to run an export using dcrcli (Device and Credentials Repository command line interface) and inspect the values in the resultant .csv file. Detailed instructions are here.

You could simply edit the csv file exported from LMS 4.2(4) to include the proper credentials. Are there so many different ones that this would be burdensome?

A best practice is to use a service account for LMS that's defined in AD and your TACACS or RADIUS AAA server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've never seen LMS "make up" credentials like that. If you still have your original LMS 4.0 running, you could try to run an export using dcrcli (Device and Credentials Repository command line interface) and inspect the values in the resultant .csv file. Detailed instructions are here.

You could simply edit the csv file exported from LMS 4.2(4) to include the proper credentials. Are there so many different ones that this would be burdensome?

A best practice is to use a service account for LMS that's defined in AD and your TACACS or RADIUS AAA server.

Thanks for your good advice, I found the reason. If LMS equipment does not have any passwords, then when they convert log/pass changed to cisco/ cisco + if in the password was "," it is necessary to edit the h CSV file (comma disappears and all characters after it move down to the right column). 

Ah, good to know about how Cisco suggests using their password if you don't have any. I can't say that I've ever managed a network where there were no login passwords.

In any case, I'm glad it's straightened out. Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: