Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1141 in Bridge Mode

certidominguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several Cisco APs 1141 in a Wireless Lan Controller 5508 with the 7.2 version. 

The APs are registered correctly in the WLC, but when I want to change the AP Mode to "Bridge", the WLC shows an error message as this: "This mode not is supported in this model device AP"

Although the 1140 series APs support the bridge mode, I don´t understand why in the WLC I can´t configure the AP in that mode. I have read several  documents of Cisco support and I haven't found nothing about this issue. And all of them write that APs 1140 support  the Bridge mode. 

Is there any problem with the WLC version? Is there any limitation with this AP model in mode centralized?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

certidominguez
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have a lot of answers to my question. But I think that it is possible that my problem is in its interfaces. Because the AP doesn´t have a 802.11a interface, and I think that it is a request.

I close the question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card