cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to maximize video sessions in conference

Mohammed Idris
Level 1
Level 1

we have VCS server with MCU 5301.There used to be 12 participants earlier in one conference but now only 10 participants can be in a conference I mean I can not call 11th participant. If I need to accommodate the new one, one of the participant need to removed from conference. I want to make 12 or more participants in one conference.Where to do these settings? 

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It depends on your media port settings on the MCU, of how many participants can join and the number of media ports get consumed by each participant.

I don't have an 5300 series MCU, but I believe the user interface is the same as the 8510, so my instructions should be close as to where to check.

To see details of ho many participants vs video ports you have, check Settings > Conferences > Video ports in use.  Should appear as 3 sets of numbers, that will tell you how many participants you currently have connected, the last known maximum the MCU has reached since last restart/reset, and the max the MCU can have total.

What is the current configuration of the media ports mode under Settings > Media Ports?

Many Thanks.

Currently I am using SD mode and having 16 ports. But still I can have 10 participants in conference.