Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone SPA514G with CUCM 8.6

Hi, the IP Phone SPA514G is it compatible with CUCM 8.6? I installed the latest device pack available, reboot the tftp server and the phone, nothings change, the phone stuck to registering. I try to upload the .bin firmware in the tftp server and same symptoms, stuck to registering.

I my device default, the device  SPA514G doesn't seems to be there. How can I register this phone with my server. in network settings all seems to be fine, the phone see the call manager, get right info. I bought 8 phone like that to get a Gigabyte PC port.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, they're not compatible, they're treated as SIP 3rd Party phones in CUCM, you won't find them listed anywhere in CUCM. Follow the SIP 3rd party config guides in the CUCM administration guide.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the answer.

I will try the SIP config who's more complex than I expected.

I added a new phone 3rd party basic sip phone and associated a user to it but the phone still fixed to registering if my switch port had voice vlan with tftp option by dhcp. With that, I can't access the web interface in admin mode. If I set another vlan to the phone, I got the admin interface and I can set the extension to use the call manager and user id and all things seems to be ok. But if I switch back to voice vlan, the phone goes back and stuck to registering. How can I fix that?