Views
Helpful
Replies

Add the 8831 Conference phone to CUCME 9.1

Sergey Bezpalov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How to add the 8831 Conference phone to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 9.1.

I could not find the device type to add  in my CME.

Please, tell me the steps for installation 8831 using CLI.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because you need at least CUCME 10 for that phone model, upgrade and try again.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Check this

Call-Control Support
Cisco Unified Communications ManagerThe phone supports Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco UCM) Releases 7.1(5), 8.5(1), 8.6(2), 9.0, and later.
Cisco Business Edition 3000The phone is supported on the Cisco Business Edition 3000 Releases 8.6(1) and later.
Cisco Business Edition 6000The phone is supported on the Cisco Business Edition 6000 Releases 8.6(5) and later.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager ExpressThe phone is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) Versions 15.3(2)T, PI21, 15.3(3)T, PI22, and later.

HiSergey,

As correctly said by Jaime[+5] , you need CME 10

You can refer the link for CME 10

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme10spc.html

What u are referring is IOS version of router?

regds,

aman

We have 15.2 (4) M6. I think about upgrade to CME 10, but we do not have active SmartNET now.

Hi,

I was checking the ordering guide for CME and Contract is mandatory for upgrades.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps4625/cme_ordering_guide.pdf

Customers who want to upgrade the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express version must upgrade the Cisco IOS Software version running on the Cisco IOS Software router. Customers who have a current Cisco SMARTnet contract for the router can download the new Cisco IOS Software from Cisco.com and upgrade the Cisco Unified CME with SRST version on the router. 

regds,

aman

Sergey Bezpalov
Level 1
Level 1

Solution:

1) upgrade iOS to 154-2.T (it's included CUCME 10)

2) copy to flash last firmware for 8831

2) 

voice register pool-type  8831
 num-lines 3
 reference-pooltype 7975

voice register global
 load 8831 sip8831.9-3-3-5.loads

tftp-server flash0:cmterm-8831-sip.9-3-3-5.cop.sgn
tftp-server flash0:sip8831.9-3-3-5.loads

Hi Sergey ,

thanks for update.

So, finally you upgraded router IOS to 15.4-2T.

If u do not mind, can u share output of show version/show flash/show running/show license feature and show telephony-service all

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: