Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with Holiday script

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am not sure why my Holiday scripts keep returning Null, I have attached the script and xml files.

If someone can help would be great.

Thanks,

Hamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7
So if you read through the logic of the script, it looks for Hokiday1 in the XML file theN Holiday2 then Holiday3, etc. As soon as it find one that doesn't exist is when the loop ends. If it doesn't find any, it returns null. Since your XML file starts with Holiday2, it returns null when looking for Holiday1 and then exits the script. I would try changing your XML file to begin with Holiday1 and aee what the debugging looks like after that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

One thing that is weird is your XML file starts with Holiday2 instead of Holiday1.  Have you tried debugging the script?

Hi Brian.

Thank you for your reply. I do not think it matters, when I debugged the script it returns Null for "Date" in Get XML file.

I can see it goes to the XML and pulls out the information, but I am not sure why it returns Null.

Thanks,

Hamed

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7
So if you read through the logic of the script, it looks for Hokiday1 in the XML file theN Holiday2 then Holiday3, etc. As soon as it find one that doesn't exist is when the loop ends. If it doesn't find any, it returns null. Since your XML file starts with Holiday2, it returns null when looking for Holiday1 and then exits the script. I would try changing your XML file to begin with Holiday1 and aee what the debugging looks like after that.

My big five star to you mate,

It works now!!!!

Hamed