cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9 will not do SMTP notifications

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

System is up and running.  Single inbox works just fine with exchange.  SMTP smart host is configured.

Unity Connection can ping the smart host.  Actually have tried two different smart hosts with the same results.

User is configured for single inbox (which works) and SMTP notification (which doesn't).

Turned up the micro traces to troubleshoot SMTP per Cisco documentation.  Ran several calls, pulled the traces, and the logs show zero attempted activity.  Rebooted server, restarted services.....nada.

Put wireshark on the smart host, and filtered for traffic from the unity connection server.  Ping shows up on wireshark.  No other traffic is recorded when notifications should be pushed.

Calendar is enabled 24/7.  User has full rights in COS.

Unity Connection is version 9.1.  Scratching my head here.  I've done this before, and there wasn' t much to it.  What am I missing?

Cliff

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so are other forms of notification triggering?  In other words if you setup a home phone device and have it dial out on an inbox event (any message presumably) is the phone ringing and notifying?  Just checking to see if it's specific to the SMTP path or not.

You can also try accept and relay testing paths to rule your SMTP path out - I put a quick video together for another site having issues trying to use gmail as a target for the accept and relay - I walked through how to setup plain old IIS as an accept and relay engine and fling it to gmail - you can take a look here if you want to review:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/TOI/SmartHostWithGmail/SmartHostWithGmail.html