Helpful
Replies

2960X stack with 3650G question

Wilson Kwok
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Please see attached file first.

We have two existing Cisco 3650G with root/secondary bridge for resilience, now we want to add two Cisco 2960X with stack and for two server resilience with LACP, is it possible to do that ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe it's possible.

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, wilsonkwok324. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X indeed supports LACP protocol. Check this link for a reference: (http://cs.co/90019If3). Feel free to e-mail me (adawa@cisco.com) for additional concerns. Hope this helps!

Hello,

Please see attached file, I have added two line between two 2960X and 3950G, they must connected, do you know the spanning tree block port in this stack environment ?

Thanks

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The link between the secondary 3650G and your 2960X stack should block.

Hello Joseph,

Is it good solution for stacking and run LACP ? please share some experience for me.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't have direct experience supporting servers running LACP at the edge.

That said, is it a good solution, to provide network redundancy to your servers using the equipment you have.

Be sure to run RSTP (or MSTP) on the 3560Gs.  Also run portfast on you host edge ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: