Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 and Vocal com third party call center integration over SIP trunk

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Any body has any experience with the Vocalcom to CUCM for call center solution. We are facing a lot of issues with the calls with this product. Below are few. Any document on how the integration can be done would be much helpful.

> The call through Vocalcom when answered from an IP phone, cannot be transferred to any other number (The transfer button on the phone doesn't works, the phone just hangsup untill the call is disconnected)

> One way audio for outbound calls from Vocalcom.

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Both of the above issues look related to MTP. Is the Media Termination Point required checked on the SIP trunk to Vocalcom? If not, please check and reset the trunk and also check if proper MTP resources are configured in the MRGL of SIP trunk.

HTH

Manish

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to check the MTP already, it works for some time without any issues and then after some time the outbound call to Vocalcom doesn't connect, gives busy tone intermittently. Also we have software and hardware media resources configured on the local CUCM server and Voice gateway. Any idea whether Cisco supports this product ?

Hi,

If the calls work fine for some time after checking MTP and then stop working after some time then it could be an MTP leak issue. You can try upgrading to cucm 8.6 and check if it helps. I don't think Cisco has any compatibility matrix which has Vocalcom as a supported application. Infact, you should check with Vocalcom about the same.

HTH

Manish

Hi,

You have fixed the problem?

Aparently the Vocalcom platform have incompatibilities with the codec (711a/u) or MTP, I have the CUCM 8.6 and it give the same issues.

Thanks for any comment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: