Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cisco WLC slow performance

Unanswered Question
Apr 30th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi im having trouble with Lan speeds, the network consists of one cisco 887 router a Cisco 2504 WLC and 7 1600 series CAP access points.

i have tested today with just the Router connected to the Lan controller and the ap powered from the Lan controller, so there are no other devices connected, i have also created a new SSId and disabled the SSID that was in production, i have 1 registered connection in the lan controller summary.

i have run numerous iperf to a local iperf server test and am getting a max of 16mb, the wireless network is WPA 2 aes and i have a wireless connection speed of 144Mb.

can anyone give me some advice as to what may be the problem, Oh and i have tried different access point and cat 5 cables just in case.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rasika Nayanajith Wed, 04/30/2014 - 11:59
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Hi Nick,

Post below output from your WLC while your client connected & getting this performance.

(WLC) >show client detail <MAC addr>

Also if possible do a iperf test while iperf server is another wireless client connected the same AP as iperf client.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses. Each time you rate a response Cisco will donate $1 to Kiva ****

Nick Canacott Fri, 05/02/2014 - 02:10
User Badges:

Hi All

i managed to fix the problem, QOS of the WLAN was set incorrectly, now im getting 70MBPS through iperf.

thank you for your time.

CableWiFi Fri, 05/02/2014 - 04:06
User Badges:

Nick,

Would you please share with us the QOS values you changed. Sounds like a good learning oppt.

Thx.

Leo Laohoo Thu, 05/01/2014 - 15:40
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

How is this "local iperf server" connected?  Is it connected to the router? 

Can you try connecting two wireless clients to the SSID and do an iPerf test over wireless?

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode