CLI scripts for WLAN controller stagin

Unanswered Question
Apr 30th, 2014
User Badges:

I'm wondering if anyone has ever stumbled across a staging script that I could modify to deploy a dozen controllers.  I've seen some config generators in the past, but all I'm really looking for is a script that I can go in and modify.  I am doing this more for consistancy (making sure everything that needs to be identical is identical) than anything else since GUI configuration can be accidentally misconfigured with names, etc.

Anyone know of anything?  If so, are you willing to share?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Wed, 04/30/2014 - 17:24
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

I have built one for my company, but of course can't really share it.  Started it about 7 years ago and just kept building on it to make staging fast. 

One thing I can tell you to do for consistency is to build one WLC and make that 99% complete and test. Then you take that config and you manually edit it for all the other WLC's, IP address, hostnames, etc will change.  Then you either use those as boot up scripts or you go throught the startup wizard and then upload the new config. 

This is how I deploy many WLC's at a time:)

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

Abhishek Abhishek Wed, 05/28/2014 - 15:40
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I have never been to such scenario before.Once i get will let you know.

Actions

This Discussion