cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Rdp plugin not working with Java 7 Update 55

isseveehelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

When accessing the clientless VPN on an ASA 5510 with Java 7 Update 51, the RDP and VNC plugins work exactly as they should. But now that Java 7 Update 55 is out, the plugins once again are useless, as they throw Java security exceptions about "attempted to open a sandboxed jar <applet url here> as Trusted-Only".

This happens even with the most up to date RDP and VNC plugins available on the Cisco website. Is anyone else having these problems, and know of any solutions or if Cisco is working on this problem at all?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

isseveehelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Still experiencing this issue after messing with security sliders, and site exception lists with no luck. Anyone having/not having this problem with Java 7 Update 55?

dmaynard89
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this same problem with our environment. We're using Java 7 update 55. We're just now implementing RDP over the clientless VPN. Any help would be appreciated. 

surzn
Level 1
Level 1
All the workaround worked in update 51 doesn't work in update 55.... I had to downgrade Java. Maybe a TAC case with Cisco is needed.

surzn
Level 1
Level 1

Please try to your ASA to OS 9.1.4, and let me know whether it works.

Ayhan Guec
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried various Java Versions but no luck at all.

Last try was with:

Java-Plug-in 11.5.2.13
JRE-Version verwenden 1.8.0_05-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

I am also getting following error:

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: https://<mywebsite>++/rdp/properJavaRDP14-1.1.jar

All known workarounds are done to fix the problem. Could anyone confirm that this is fixed with ASA version 9.1.4 ? Its a productive ASA so i do not want to test around for a maybe :) 

Best Regards

Ayhan

surzn
Level 1
Level 1

After 2 months with Cisco TAC, finally Cisco updated its doc officially for this issue:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/hostscan/117097-trouble-java7-00.html#anc19

do you still remember the solution to this? Because mate its still an issue! Please lemme know....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: