Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS v.2 - how to configure CWMS to authenticate user with CUCM

Not applicable
Hi, I have a CUCM with no LDAP or AD integration. I already configured the directory integration with CUCM and it synchronized the user accounts to CWMS. When trying to login with end user account, password configured in CUCM doesn't work. What is the process to configure CWMS to authenticate with CUCM user database? Thanks. -Alan
3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

CUCM and LDAP integration is a prerequisite for using Directory Integration on CWMS.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide_chapter_01011.html#task_DB0D271D6EB1459EB4DA269461E93B36

Before You Begin

You must configure AXL and LDAP directory service on CUCM before you can use the directory integration feature. CUCM is required to import users into your Cisco WebEx Meetings Server system. Use CUCM to do the following:

•  Enable Cisco AXL Web Service
  •  Enable Cisco directory synchronization
  •  Configure LDAP integration
  •  Configure LDAP authentication

-Dejan

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

I found some time to test some things in the lab (2.0 MR3), and I was able to make it work.

1. I created an account in CUCM (username, password, first and last name, and e-mail address - mandatory)

2. in CWMS Dashboard > Users > Directory integration, I pointed the system toward my CUCM and performed a Full Sync. However, I left the LDAP Authentication disabled and saved the changes.

3. I verified in CWMS Dashboard > Users section that my profile was imported from CUCM and was Active

4. I went to the WebEx Site (end user page), and I was able to successfully authenticate. When LDAP Authentication is disabled it appears that even the password is synced from CUCM to CWMS.

Please try this and let me know if it worked for you.

-Dejan

Hi All,

Is there any way to remove the whole CUCM LDAP integration with CWMS.

Thanks in Advance