I'm looking for an application that I can use to manage Cisco fiber switches. Can I manage with Cisco Configuration Professional?

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2014
User Badges:

I'm looking for an application that I can use to manage Cisco fiber switches. Can I manage fiber switches with Cisco Configuration Professional or is there something better?

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Sun, 05/04/2014 - 19:49
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

What are you trying to achieve?  If the link goes down, the switch will send you an email?

rquinlivan111 Wed, 05/07/2014 - 01:23
User Badges:

I would like to be able to manage all config options on the switches. Alerting would be nice to have as well. 

Leo Laohoo Wed, 05/07/2014 - 02:42
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Depending on the model of your switch, a feature called Embedded Event Manager (EEM) can enable the switch to send e-mails when a nominated link goes down/up.

I don't understand what you mean by "manage all configs".  You need to elaborate further.

rquinlivan111 Wed, 05/07/2014 - 17:19
User Badges:

Hi Leo, 

By manage I mean to make changes to the interface config, vlans, shutdown ports, etc..

Thanks!

Leo Laohoo Thu, 05/08/2014 - 20:55
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

By manage I mean to make changes to the interface config, vlans, shutdown ports, etc

None.  

Actions

This Discussion