cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I'm looking for an application that I can use to manage Cisco fiber switches. Can I manage with Cisco Configuration Professional?

rquinlivan111
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for an application that I can use to manage Cisco fiber switches. Can I manage fiber switches with Cisco Configuration Professional or is there something better?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use Solarwinds

http://www.solarwinds.com/?gclid=CO3-lbfCk74CFcg7OgodXxYA5A&CMP=KNC-TAD-GGL-NA_BRAND-X-DL&ef_id=UeRQkwAAAIKkqFuU:20140505002421:s

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are you trying to achieve?  If the link goes down, the switch will send you an email?

I would like to be able to manage all config options on the switches. Alerting would be nice to have as well. 

Depending on the model of your switch, a feature called Embedded Event Manager (EEM) can enable the switch to send e-mails when a nominated link goes down/up.

I don't understand what you mean by "manage all configs".  You need to elaborate further.

Hi Leo, 

By manage I mean to make changes to the interface config, vlans, shutdown ports, etc..

Thanks!

By manage I mean to make changes to the interface config, vlans, shutdown ports, etc

None.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: