cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Endpoint Upgrade Failure - TC 7 HTTP Error Code 400

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading our SX,C and EX Series codecs through TMS software Upgrade option and all the Upgrades seem to fail with HTTP 400 error code.

We have been doing the TMS based upgrade for TC5 and TC6 with no issues, but facing an issue after TC7.

Any known issue with the TMS or the Endpoint...?

TMS is running 14.3.2

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've upgraded several of our endpoints to TC7.1.1 without issue.

What are the settings for the following in TMS and on the endpoint?

• TMS > Admin Tools > Configuration > Network Settings > Secure-Only Device Communication
  • Endpoint > System Config > Provisioning > External Manager > Protocol

Secure only is set to "No" Protocol is "http" We were doing this even for the upgrade from tc6 to tc 7.0 Endpoints status is okay in tms.

Hi Rameez,

Just out of interest, is it that TMS says the upgrade fails yet the actual upgrade of the endpoint does in fat succeed? We have this issue but I was unable to find a fix and as our TMS is out of maintenance we have been unable to raise a TAC case. We had this issue ever since an endpoint whent to TC6 and above - the nature of the upgrade [process change in TC6+ and while the log on our endpoints appear to be doing all the right things, TMS doesn't seem to read what is going on.

Cheers

Chris

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like you may have some spaces in the filename for the software on your TMS server.

It doesn't really like spaces in the filename from my experience (and I just tried it here and it failed).

Remove the spaces from the filename and it should work.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.