Views
Helpful
Replies

block radio connection between client and ap

Augustgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I wanted to ask if you can somehow disable / remove those clients that are in some way rejected by the wireless network, to avoid consuming system resources.

for example on the wlc gui I can see many clients connected at the radio (because filtered by mac adress) but do not transmit / send traffic, how can I disconnect from the network?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not able to determine if you support this feature, but if you go into the SSID and go to Advanced Tab, you should see an option called "Client user idle timeout".

Client user idle timeout and threshold don't block the radio connection, the client automatically reconnects.

There are some feature that work at a lower layer ??

i can see this client on the gui even if it doesn't send traffic.

jmeachum
Level 1
Level 1

You could add them to the Disabled Clients list in the Security section of the WLC.  

But, I am guessing that this is an Open SSID and you have random clients roaming into your building and automatically connecting to your SSID but failing the MAC address authentication requirement that you have set up.  I would recommend using a different security method or disabling Broadcast SSID.

I hope this helps.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card