cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE guest self-registration Client Limitation per day

Remy Ouaini
Level 1
Level 1

I deployed ISE with guest self registration on the Web Portal.

I want the guest (ex: AndroidPhone with Mac address: xx:xx) to be able to get 1 hour of internet access per day. 

I know that using Time profile I can limit the guest to 1 hour of access, but how can I give the guest access each day.

Requirements:

--- I want to make this phone create only one account. ( How can I limit his mac address from creating new accounts when his account will expire in one hour)?

--- After 1 day, I want to give the same phone access (I dont mind if it is a new account or the same account as the day before)

How can we make this happen? Otherwise, everytime the account expires, the phone will be able to auto-register with a new account.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes one option we have if you configure the account of that guest 
with the time profile of DefaultFirstLloginEight and in this timeprofile set the duration
to days instead of hour, For how many days to want to grant access to the 
guest user.

Then In Restrictions you restrict him whatever days you want and whattime you want.
By this way you can achieve a slot of 1 hour access each day with the same guest account.

Did anyone found the exact solution for this? 

We have the same requirement.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have the same requirement.... It is not a problem to change time profile to 1h but how do we stop same device re-registering after that 1h expires.

I want the number of registrations per day to be limited to 1 per device.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will be having this feature in ISE 1.3 with different guest types

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: