Views
Helpful
Replies

certificate authen--wireless

Anukalp S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I need  your help in configuring certificate based authentication between wireless clients and controller. I don't have cisco ACS or Radius sever.

I have CA server that is not running on domain controller & a domain controller. I want when wireless clients get successful through  certificate authenticate  then wireless query for username & password to the domain controller. Pls help if it possible and how.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this doc and see if this helps:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/100590-ldap-eapfast-config.html

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott.. but in this doscument domain controller is also a CA server but in my scenario CA is installed on seperate server in metwork.

Also do i need to install Aironet client adaptar & destop utility on client machine or it is not mandatory, if we could configure this on my windows machine wireless settings.

It doesn't matter where you CA is... You just have to setup each piece and give it a try. What your trying to accomplish is not a normal setup. Your better off following best practices for having a PKI infrastructure and also using a radius server. If you don't, then your going have to search for various docs and try to get something working using LDAP. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card