Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS network card

youssef.erraki
Level 1
Level 1

hello every one

i ask if i could disactivate the 1 st network card because I'm installing a CUCM registrerd with the 2nd card.

if so how i can do it.

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Assuming you won't have redundancy, plug NIC 1 and have licensing rehost your license.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM knows nothing about NICs when installed on UCS, that goes down to your ESXi config and your vSwitch. Also, CUCM on ESXi only uses ONE vNIC, not even sure what you mean it's registered with a 2nd card.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

thank you for your reply,

for info My CUCM install on UCS7816, physical installation, when i install the server ofr the first time it was used the 2nd NIC, I try te reboot the server, this later move to 1st NIC, and that's impact the license file (CUCM 8.5), my question is if how I could change to be 2nd NIC as default network card.

Best Regards

youssef

You DO NOT have a UCS, that's an MCS

MCS 7816, NOT UCS 7816

You don't choose which card to use, either you use the 1st NIC if not redundancy is configured, or you plug both if you enabled redundancy. There's no option to choose the 2nd NIC as the primary NIC, and the only one that will be plugged.

HTH

java

Hey jaime

yes you are right, I use MCS 7800 series, my problem is the license file was generated with the 2nd NIC that's mean that if I plug to 1st NIC the server will be joined on LAN otherwise the CUCM show me that's a error ceritifact not valid (the registation of the license was done on 2nd NIC), actually i try to plug a cable on 2nd but it was not work.

Best Regards

Assuming you won't have redundancy, plug NIC 1 and have licensing rehost your license.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: