Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9.0.2 Install Failed with following Error,

I used the same Media to install the UCCX before and was able to install it.

Now tried to install another Instance and failed

Any HELP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Possible reason for this error

1)Bad DNS config. DNS server might have IPv4 and IPv6 entry

2)bad NTP

3)hard drive issue

4)wrong OVA template .

Regards

Ravi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

This is most likely caused by a configuration error with the VM in VMware.  Make sure you use the correct OVA file for the version of UCCX and ESXi you are using.

Thanks for the reply to my post

Esxi "version is 5.1.0 build 799733" and the OVA I'm using is "UCCX_9.0_vmv8_v2.3.ova"

I already have a UCCX installed in this same UCS server (with same ova file) and the CUIC reporting cannot be enabled due to some database error (confirmed by cisco TAC), so i was trying to install another UCCX on same box without deleting the existing one to make sure that everything will work first. because of the less space on the HDD, I used "thin provision" that failed, so remove some other App and used the "thick provision lazy zeroed" but same result"

Ravi,

all the applications are getting clock from the router, and only thing i realized yesterday was the DNS server, The win 2008 DNS server is not working properly, i'll configure the DNS again and give it a try.

Thanks

shameer

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Possible reason for this error

1)Bad DNS config. DNS server might have IPv4 and IPv6 entry

2)bad NTP

3)hard drive issue

4)wrong OVA template .

Regards

Ravi

Hi Ravi

I managed to install the UCCX 9

I configured a New DNS on win 2008 server, but in the middle of the install, i got an error for Reverse DNS, ignored it, and it took me 6 and a half hours to complete the installation. hope everything will work fine.

Is having an internal DNS mandatory for UCCX? what will be the consequences of not having a proper DNS with reverse lookup zones after the install.

if i'm staging a UCCX in my Lab with Lab DNS and take it to customer site and change the DNS to their internal DNS will make any issue? if they don't have one, can i use a public DNS instead, will that be OK/recommended?

Thanks you once again

Shameer

Hi Sameer,

In UCCX 9 DNS is mandatory . bad DNS will cause agent login issue's and Chat subsystem will also not work . You can reconfigure DNS any time . I am not sure about public DNS There might be some latency issue is you will use public dns.

Regards

Ravi

Thanks Ravi

Regards

shameer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: