cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GUID value for TMS 14.4 to be configured on F5.

jigneshjani
Level 1
Level 1

How to get GUID value for TMS 14.4 to be configured on F5.As per the TMS 14.4 upgrade guide, the GUID value of the TMS needs to be entered in send string for probing.

#CREATE MONITOR FOR TMS KEEPALIVE THE GUID IS FOUND IN TMS GUI tmsh create ltm monitor https mn-TMS-HTTPS {cipherlist DEFAULT:+SHA:+3DES:+kEDH compatibility enabled defaults-from https destination *:443 interval 5 password flott recv 200 recv-disable 503 send "HEAD /tms/public/IsAlive.aspx/?guid=<CHANGE TO THE GUID OF YOUR CISCO TMS>\\r\\n" time-until-up 0 timeout 16 username 'domain\\username'}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you referring to a redundant TMS deployment?

If so, take a look at page 31 under "Setting up the network load balancer" section.

You'll find the Probe URL in TMS with a GUID specific to that node here:
Administrative Tools > TMS Server Maintenance > TMS Redundancy > Probe URL

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you referring to a redundant TMS deployment?

If so, take a look at page 31 under "Setting up the network load balancer" section.

You'll find the Probe URL in TMS with a GUID specific to that node here:
Administrative Tools > TMS Server Maintenance > TMS Redundancy > Probe URL

Got it ! ;-)

Thanks Patrick !

Glad you got it!

If you would, don't forget to make posts as correct or helpful for others that might later on have the same issues.

Thanks

Hi Patrick,

I am in need of your expertise yet again.

I successfully upgraded both of my TMS & TMSPe to 14.4 & 1.2 respectively, eventually i even managed to configure F5 as load balance for both of the sites and seems to be working fine

The only problem that i am getting is as follows

TMS web pages are garbled (icons missing, text misaligned etc) when i access using F5 virtual IP but the pages seems to be normal when i access it using directly URL of the TMS

Have you ever come across such issue (i already tried setting up page in compatibility mode, re installing the application etc)

Would appreciate your response / thoughts as always 

I haven't set it our test TMS 14.4 server yet in a redundant deployment with a NLB, it sounds like an issue with the NLB.

Was this a previous redundant TMS deployment that you were upgrading or a new install?

Did you follow the install guide step by step?

This was upgrade from 14.2 but there was no redundant setup before (as 14.4 has enhanced redundant feature on it )

I followed the installation / upgrade guide and infact did it twice 

It seems something to be done on web server of TMS but not sure where to tweak the settings

I haven't upgraded our TMS redundant deployment yet, I just have a single TMS server enabled as redundant for testing, though without a NLB in the mix yet.

It sounds like an issue with the TMS-NLB configuration, since you say that when you browse to the TMS servers directly, everything is displayed fine.  Just when you go through the NLBs, everything gets distorted.

Old thread however we are going from 14.3 to 15.3. How do we get this ahead of time so we can raise a change request and provide the details to our Network colleagues that will be carrying out the F5 configuration?

If you're referring to the TMS ProbeURL, you won't be able to know what URL to configure on the F5 until you enable redundancy within TMS.