cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISA550W SSHv2 login problem. (from LAN&WAN via TeraTerm)

DavidLi049
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

I want to use CLI to manage my ISA550W.

Since this model doesn't support Telnet. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thus I try to use SSHv2 to access to ISA550W.

But it's doesn't works, I always got error message "Access denied".

My configuration is below:

Login username/password: admin/Aa123456

Device Management > Cisco Services & Support > Remote Support > Select SSHv2 Server "On" > Enter Remote Support Password "Aa123456"

I tried login username/password or empty username/Remote Support Password to access to ISA550W via SSHv2. But not works at all.

Is there another "root account" for SSHv2 purpose?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

The ISA is not designed to be configured through CLI, but rather through the web GUI.  It doesn't support SSH or telnet access for configuration.

You have found the diagnostic option for root SSH access, but that is something that level 2 or the engineering team would do with you if they were trying to isolate a bug or working a support case.  For normal operation that is not accessible so you can go ahead and disable it unless requested by a support engineer.

Thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

The ISA is not designed to be configured through CLI, but rather through the web GUI.  It doesn't support SSH or telnet access for configuration.

You have found the diagnostic option for root SSH access, but that is something that level 2 or the engineering team would do with you if they were trying to isolate a bug or working a support case.  For normal operation that is not accessible so you can go ahead and disable it unless requested by a support engineer.

Thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your quickly reply.

According to your describe, there is only level 2 or engineering team could access to this model via SSHv2.

But I need to check the running config of my unit.

Could you do me a favor to dump it?

Regards,

David

Hello David,

There isn't really a show run, even from that console access, since these units are not running IOS.

You can download a copy of your config file through the web GUI, it is an XML file that is mostly legible, so you can take a look at it that way, as well as use that to backup you configuration.

Christopher Ebert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: