Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

CVP Call Studio - concatenate variable data

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2014
User Badges:

Hello,

I'm new to Call Studio, do not have my hands on the software yet.

Is it possible to concatenate variable data within a call studio script?

The business wants to capture IVR menu selections for reporting purposes.  The IVR is complex and will require a CVP VXML server application.  My plan is to utilize a call variable within call studio, update the variable with flags/values for each menu selection, then send this data back to ICM.  In ICM, I will analyze this variable and set call types accordingly for reporting.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Chintan Gajjar Thu, 05/22/2014 - 00:59
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi,

i think it is possible in call studio, please let me know exactly what you would like to with?

example? and i may help you with that.

regards

Chintan

Michael Miu Thu, 05/22/2014 - 06:30
User Badges:

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for responding.  Lets say user selects option 1 from menu 1.  I want to populate var1 with '1'.  Then user selects option 4 from menu 2.  var1 is now '14'.   User selects option 3 from menu 3.  var1 is now '143'.  etc...  Eventually I will pass this data back to ICM to set call types.

Mike

david.macias Thu, 05/22/2014 - 07:48
User Badges:

Yes, very possible, actually there's not much which is not possible with CVP. In your case you would have a node at the very end which concatenates all your variables together. One word of advice, put a delimiter between your variables, it will make it easier for ICM to break them apart.

david

laranoueir Wed, 08/31/2016 - 01:25
User Badges:

Hello David,

I would appreciate if you can advise how to separate the concatenated values in ICM so we can save each one in a Peripheral Variable.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

david.macias Wed, 08/31/2016 - 02:16
User Badges:

Look at the build in functions of left(), right(), mid(), find(). If you provide a specific string and what you want out of it, I can provide more specific information.

david

laranoueir Wed, 08/31/2016 - 04:18
User Badges:

Thank you very much David for your prompt reply.

The string that will be sent from CVP through ExternalVXML[0] is "Var1=High,Var2=Gold".

In ICM script Editor, I need to save Var1's value in PV1 and Var2's value in PV2 so I can have PV1=High and PV2=Gold.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

david.macias Wed, 08/31/2016 - 04:52
User Badges:

I don't have an ICM script editor handy right now, but look at the following example:

left(string,find(string,","))

You start from the inside out. First, you find the location of the comma, then you take everything left of it. So in your case the above formula would yield "Var1=High". Does this help?

david

Chintan Gajjar Thu, 05/22/2014 - 08:05
User Badges:

Got it.

ok, so in call studio i would do it like this.i would define one variable say session data "retVAL" and update its value based on menu selection.

if you closely loom at attached screenshot everything is there. value of all 3 menu options are concatenated and assigned to session data called retVAL using substitution  builder.

and the value of same variable is returned to ICM using CVP sub dialog return.

regards

Chintan

Attachment: 
laranoueir Thu, 10/09/2014 - 00:40
User Badges:

Hi Chintan,

How many variables can be concatenated together? I have a very complicated script and I need to know if I can proceed with this approach.

Thank you.

Lara

david.macias Thu, 10/09/2014 - 04:24
User Badges:

Lara,

You can concatenate as many as you want, the only blocking factor is that your FromEXTVXML ECC has enough room for to contain all the data.

david

Actions

This Discussion