Under the same Menu I have the need to ask for an extension and able to offer * to go back to the parent Menu. Apparently GetDigits() does not accept * so right now I had to remove * prompt option and have a different prompt for that using a Menu() VRU script.
How are you resolving these menus where more than 1 digit and a special character are required?
Thanks for your input
You are correct, the GD microapp does not accept * or # as "digits". How you work around this will depend a little on your usage...
- Are you expecting variable-length digit entry?
- Do you want to accept * at any point in the entry, or just at the beginning?
Your most flexible solution would involve scripting something in CVP Call Studio. If you'd like to stick entirely with MicroApps, here's a couple options...
If you only want to accept * at the beginning:
- Use an "M" script to play the prompt and get the first digit (or the *)
- Act on * if it's entered (perhaps with a CED node)
- Copy the CED to a call variable
- Use a "GD" script to get the remaining digits
- Concatenate previous result with new CED to obtain full digit string
If you need to be able to act on * at any point in the string, you can do a modified version of above, replacing the "GD" with another "M", and repeating steps 4-5 as necessary.