Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Sharing with a user on the Public Internet

Hi Team,

This is an exciting function, but still has the feel of a beta product (which it is).

If anyone could guide me to understand how an iPad/iPhone use on the Public Internet would access the data stream for the slides, this would help me immensely.

For example, would the user require a VPN service, or can the connection be made automaticaly via Collab Edge?

Advice very much welcomed

Gareth

1 Reply 1

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

As it stands right now, I think the user would require a VPN connection to the network, which would allow the connection from the iPad/iPhone device to the codec the device is paired with on port tcp/443.  There is no support at the moment that I can tell through Collaboration Edge.

I'm not the official Cisco answer however.  :-)

I'll chime in though and say I think it would be a good idea to support collaboration edge, because it is a very common network design to allow Guests to connect only to a Guest wireless network, which would not have access to the codec on port 443 except possibly through the Edge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: