Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Access Point AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9

Unanswered Question
May 28th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi, i bought an access point called AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9, but i don't know how configure it, in the box there was not CDs with software to help, i connect it to the Modem on the ethernet port but there was no signal, and It do not have antennas, Does i need to buy some antennas to the access point......so i really need help.....i do not know how to configure it........i need it work independant without the controller, just the access point connected to the modem.........in some site said that i must connect the accesspoint to my pc and use the ip 10.0.0.1 in the browser to configure it in windows, but not work...........can someone help me?

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Vinod Arya Sat, 06/07/2014 - 09:31
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

For initial configuration you can access AP from the Console port.

Following are the guides you need to look at for configuring you 1600 AP :

Cisco Aironet 1600/2600/3600 Series Access Point Deployment Guide

Getting Started Guide: Cisco Aironet 1600 Series Access Points

Moreover you can check the configuration guide from cisco.com/google, based on the Actual software image your AP is running. Some of the newer IOS for AP you can check here.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

julio mario Wed, 06/11/2014 - 13:23
User Badges:

hi sistemas, what you are looking for is to set the access point as an autonomous system, to do so you need to access to the AP by using a console cable and then set an ssid(name of the network) name and all the initial settings, don´t panic is kind of easy.

take a look at this guide is really helpful and contains all the initials.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/61936/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-...

Actions

This Discussion