Our company is in need of a new router for internet traffic. Because I'm having trouble selecting a model, I would like to ask for your help on this one. Our situation is as follows:
- Primary internet connection is a 60/10 Mbps cable connection.
- Backup internet connection is an ADSL connection (not normally in use)
- Currently our old DrayTek Vigor 2910 is incapable of processing more than 25 Mbps.
- We have approximately 35 users working in our office.
- Traffic primarily consists of web browsing, e-mail and VOIP phone calls.
When the need arises, we would like to have the option of adding an additional cable connections for more bandwidth.
Additionally, we would like to replace our OpenVPN server with Cisco VPN on this new router, which should handle about 5 users during daytime and 10 outside of office hours.
I have narrowed it down to a 2900-series router because of the flexibility provided by the EHWIC slots. I have found the following models:
|Model||WAN performance||Realistic performance|
|Cisco 2901||25 Mbps||167 Mbps|
|Cisco 2911||35 Mbps||181 Mbps|
|Cisco 2921||50 Mbps||246 Mbps|
|Cisco 2951||75 Mbps||297 Mbps|
These performance numbers confuse me as to which model to choose.