Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
Leo Laohoo Mon, 06/02/2014 - 01:27
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

The model of the AP you've ordered, ending with an "E", means the AP has External antennas.  Because of the different varieties of External antennas, you need to order them separately.  

chasbrey Fri, 06/06/2014 - 12:08
User Badges:

I just received my first new AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9.  The antenna RP-TNC connectors indicate "Dual Band".  Is it a requirement to install a dual band antenna, or can a 2.4 GHz antenna (air-ant2506) be connected to one connector and a 5 GHz antenna (air-ant5160v-r) be installed on another?

Where would I find a list of compatible antennas?

Attachment: 
Leo Laohoo Fri, 06/06/2014 - 18:23
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Ideally, you want a dual-band antennas and it's mandatory to install all four of them.  

If you have a single-band antenna, you can use it (still install all four) but disable the band which is not supported on the antenna.  For example, if you have four single-band 2.4 Ghz antenna, you disable 802.11a radio. 

It is NOT recommend to use a mix of 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz single-band antenna.  

adawa Mon, 06/02/2014 - 12:34
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello, ramessecurity. Leo is correct, the AIR-CAP1602E-A-K9 are antenna compatible. However, the actual antenna is still sold separately from this part number. What are your requirements for the antenna? (omni directional, dbi). Let me know, so I can check a specific model for you.  If you have additional concerns, feel free to send me an e-mail ([email protected]). Kind regards. 

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content