cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexFlash scrub doesn't appear to be working

josephdevaney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scrub policy setup for FlexFlash to be scrubbed once I disassociate the profile from a server.  I installed ESXi on a blade, then disassociated the profile, and expected the blade to come back with nothing installed.  Much to my surprise, ESXi was still installed.

I have attached what my policy looks like, and I believe it is set properly.

It may be unrelated, but, I also noticed that there is an error with the RAID Health for my FlexFlash controller.  Says Degraded, though I am unsure why as the SD cards are 2 brand new cards.   I've attached a screenshot for that as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohammed Majid Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph,

I see that you have a FlexFlash Virtual Drive RAID degraded on your server.

May i know if the reason listed is  FFR_STATE_ENABLED_PAIRED_INVALID_SECONDARY ?

Suspect : CSCui67901

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCui67901/?reffering_site=dumpcr

The workaround is to re-acknowledge the blade twice with a flexflash scrub policy in place.

This should get the raid back to a health state and scrub the flex flash.

Thanks,

Majid

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mohammed Majid Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph,

I see that you have a FlexFlash Virtual Drive RAID degraded on your server.

May i know if the reason listed is  FFR_STATE_ENABLED_PAIRED_INVALID_SECONDARY ?

Suspect : CSCui67901

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCui67901/?reffering_site=dumpcr

The workaround is to re-acknowledge the blade twice with a flexflash scrub policy in place.

This should get the raid back to a health state and scrub the flex flash.

Thanks,

Majid

Majid, 

I had put this issue aside until after I recently upgraded my system firmware to 2.2.1d, hoping some feature updates might help this, but it did not.

I have a second blade that is exhibiting this behavior as well, except that this blade is not using dual cards.  I have my Scrub policy set to FlexFlash only.  However, when I disassociate, FlexFlash is not scrubbed, I don't even get a warning about my policy being set to scrub FlexFlash as I would if I had it set to Disk.

Could you please try to disassociate the server and do a re-acknowledge of the server twice and let us know if the issue goes away?  If it doesn't, decommission the blade, reseat it and reack the blade.

Let us know.

-Kenny

This seemed to work, but, I am now facing another error when trying to reinstall ESXi.  I am getting the following error, which I created a new question for since it is a new issue.  It can be found here

Joseph,

Could you please mark the first answer (mohammhu's answer) as correct so that future users can see you solved the problem you posted?  Let me take a look at the new thread.

-Kenny

Kenny,

I marked Majid's answer correct.

Can you comment as to whether there will be a fix for this in an upcoming firmware update?

Joseph,

According to the documentation for that particular bug, the situation seems to be fixed on UCSM 2.2(2c).

-Kenny

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jose 

Try what was recommended in the post below, there is a word document as well

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12247361/unable-install-flexflash-ucsm-integrated-c240s

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card