cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IOS for 1720 Router

MaikelBatista
Level 1
Level 1

I have a modular 1720 with IOS y-mz-12.1(5)T12 on it. I think is very old IOS, I know that router not support the newer IOS, but I want upgrade it a bit for CCENT. Any recommendations?

C 1720 32/8

I'm very new on this...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can still accomplish a lot with 12.2 depending on what you are looking for :) If you need 15.x and newer you will need to buy something new. You can also consider trying out packet tracer and/or GNS3 ;)

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With that old of a router I would recommend that you download and install the latest code supported on your platform. Keep in mind the RAM and FLASH requirements selecting the version and code. 

But i saw I can't install more that IOS12.2 mmmmm. Then maybe is time for put it in the trash. Thank for the Help ;)

MaikelBatista
Level 1
Level 1

But i saw I can't install more that IOS12.2 mmmmm. Then maybe is time for put it in the trash. Thank for the Help ;)

You can still accomplish a lot with 12.2 depending on what you are looking for :) If you need 15.x and newer you will need to buy something new. You can also consider trying out packet tracer and/or GNS3 ;)

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card