cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.X Directory Integration

Chris Davis
Level 1
Level 1

We have just recently upgraded from CWMS 1.x to 2.x and want to use Directory Integration with LDAP authentication. The procedure is very clear but I already have existing users.

My questions are these:

What happens to the previously configured users?

What happens to their meetings?

* Note: The existing users email accounts do match what is in the CUCM directroy.

Thank You!

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can tell you that CWMS is only really keying off of the email address so if they match then I think you should be good.

Hailey

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

As David mentioned, as long as the existing users have the same accounts in CUCM (LDAP) with the same e-mail address, their accounts will stay active and all the meetings scheduled will stay intact. However, if their local CWMS password is different from the CUCM/LDAP password for their account, once you enable Directory Integration, those users will have to use their CUCM/LDAP password.

If the local users used an e-mail address as their ID that is different from e-mail address in CUCM/LDAP, then these users will be marked as INACTIVE and won't be able to authenticate to the system. Their meetings will still remain on the system, but if Join before host is not enabled, these meetings won't be possible to start/attend.

I hope this clarifies it a little bit.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: