Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM Discovery

eagles-nest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm having issues with DCNM discovering some Nexus 7K's.  Shallow discovery seems fine.  I enter the Nexus and its snmpv3 credentials in

DCNM> Admin>Data Sources>LAN

I enter the device as a single device in a switch list and it finds it as manageable.  I select the device and it goes into Discovering.

Sometimes it completes this part and allows me to go to Deep discovery.  Other times I get snmp timeout messages.  I have had it complete a deep discovery and show up on my topology map only for it to disappear a day later again with snmp timeout errors.  I've confirmed the snmpv3 credentials work with a 3rd party MIB browser which lets me test credentials and all is ok with them.

My first question is

The DCNM server seems to have an incorrect time.  Is this a possible issue ? If so how do I set the time ?  I've looked all over the GUI and can't find any place to set it.  Is it taken from the VM platform or is it set independently ?

Are there any other issues that may cause discovery problems ?

Thanks, Stuart.

3 Replies 3

eagles-nest
Level 1
Level 1

Further troubleshooting has led me to put a capture on the Nexus to see if that sheds any light on what's going on.  I get the following output from the capture.

172.31.1.1 -> 172.30.1.1     SNMP Source port: 59596  Destination port: snmp[Malformed Packet]

That's from the DCNM server to the Nexus.

Stuart

I have the same issue.

Shallow discovery of Nexus 7k VDC randomly goes down with "Discovery timeout"  snmp error.

After rediscovery everything ok for a couple of minutes but then "Discovery timeout" appears again.

Waiting for relevant answer.

Thanks, Daniil.

Hello,

did you solve that? thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: