cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to use non-unique Multiway addresses on endpoints when using Conductor?

As per a previous thread, I've got Conductor + VCS + TP server working in a semi-test environment.  The plan is to use this for Multiway.

The challenge I'm facing now it to be able to roll out a multiway address to all my endpoints.  From what I can gather, each endpoint would need to be configured with a multiway address of:

[conference-prefix][something unique to the endpoint]@mydomain.com

The problem I have is that we have 100+ endpoints, at least half of which aren't permanently connected to the network (which means allot of phone calls to get them connected!).  We also don't use TMSPE for our room based endpoints, so this can't be easily provisioned.

Is there a way I can provision the same Multiway address to all endpoints (I could do this with a TMS configuration template) then use something like a VCS search rule or CPL to add a unique identifier, perhaps a call serial number or something based on source URI, to append to the end of the search string?  This would ensure each endpoint dials a unique conference on Conductor without having to individually provision Multiway addressing to every endpoint.

I'm using:
VCS X7.2
Conductor XC2.3
TP Server 4.0

Any help much appreciated :)

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10
Nick, were you able to work through this? Thanks!
Please rate useful posts.

Hi George, unfortunately not, I ended up configuring every endpoint individually.  Massive pain!

(Sigh)
Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: