Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Stage dialing with FAC pin for CUCM 9.1

john_lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently my client request to have 2 stage dialing for current CUCM 9.1 with FAC pin. Example, I at home and call company one number, then it will either ask me to enter the destination number and follow by FAC pin or ask for pin then follow by destination number.  Can I know it can be done or not, if not using mobile voice access feature?

I able to setup it using Unity Connection but cannot work with FAC pin.

Anybody can share on this.

Thak you

Regards,

John

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

If you are not using MVA, then on CUCM there is no option to play a prompt to enter a destination number without sending the call to Unity Connection / UCCX or some other application. CUCM will only be able to provide the FAC functionality before sending the call out through the FAC enabled route pattern.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply. If using MVA, how this work? Is it users just call a number and then they will be able to dial destination number with FAC pin? Can share more on this.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Mobile Voice Access extends Mobile Connect capabilities by allowing users to originate a call from a remote destination such as a cellular phone as if dialing from the desktop phone. A remote destination is a phone that is designated as available for Mobile Connect responses and pickup. The user dials Mobile Voice Access from the remote destination. The user is prompted for the PIN assigned to the user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Once authenticated, the user can make a call using the same Mobile Connect features that would be available if the user originated the call from the enterprise desktop phone.

When calling Mobile Voice Access, the system prompts the user for the originating phone number in addition to the PIN if any of the following is true:

The number the user is calling from is not one of the user's remote destinations.

The number is blocked by the user or the user's carrier (shown as "Unknown Number").

The number is not accurately matched in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database; for example, if the number is 510-666-9999, but it is listed as 666-9999 in the database, or the number is 408-999-6666, but it is entered as 1-408-999-6666 in the database.

You can check the details here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/cmfsgd601/fsmobmgr.html#wpxref99670

The PIN in your case can also be set up as a FAC on the route pattern through which these calls will be routed.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I try to configure the MVA at client site, but it not able to work. I using MGCP to  integration CUCM and VG. Got anything special I need to turn on VG? Here is summary what I had configure.

- Turn on MVA on user profile

- Go to Media resource to configure the MVA number

- Go service parameter to turn on MVA setting

- Create remote profile.

Is it got anything I ha missing?

Thank you.

John

Hi John,

You will find a lot of posts about this topic on supportforums. Please check the one below, it will let you know how to configure it with MGCP

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11737586/mobile-voice-access-cant-make-call-out#3873342

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: