Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Wireless endpoint license?

Hi all! Which means endpoint wireless license for Cisco ISE. Access point or client device? For example: I have 1 WLC, 35 access points and 500 clients. How many licenses I need to buy?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE licensing is based on endpoints authenticating to the network. So in your case if all 500 devices will be connecting to the network at the same time then you will need to purchase 500 licenses. Keep in mind that those are concurrent, thus, when a client leaves the network a license is freed up. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Tarasevich_Sergey1948, you need to buy license for the number of active sessions. for more information please feel free to send me an email. so i can give you part numbers and a more detailed pricing.

Thanks

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE licensing is based on endpoints authenticating to the network. So in your case if all 500 devices will be connecting to the network at the same time then you will need to purchase 500 licenses. Keep in mind that those are concurrent, thus, when a client leaves the network a license is freed up. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts! 

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Also refer " License Consumption " from

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/datasheet-c78-730772.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: