Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence v10 with VCS

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

because our partner has not experiences with CUCM 10 , IM and Presnece 10 and VCS for virtual machine I would like to ask you for some info.

We are owner of CUCM 10 and currently implementing IM and Presnece 10 with VCS for virtual machine.

My setup is 2 x CUCM, 2 x CUPS, VCS-C, VCS-E, all sucessfully installed and licensed.

What I need to know is what everything I'm allowed to do with standard Enhanced user licenses in CUCM regarding VCS and what I need to buy more.

VCS-C and VCS-E are both free for owners of CUCM 10. But when I licensed them, I have "0" traversal calls on VCS-E. Do I need to buy them?

My VCS-E licenses:

Expressway Series  Active
H323-SIP Interworking Gateway  Active
1800 TURN Relays  Active
Advanced Networking  Active
Traversal Server  Active

Summary: 0 Rich Media Sessions, 1800 TURN Relays, Traversal Server, Encryption, Interworking, Advanced Networking, Expressway Series

Current licenses
Traversal calls  0      
TURN relays  1800

My VCS-Control licenses:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 0 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption.

What I want to achiev:

- Replace Cisco IP Communicator with Cisco Jabber

- Let users do voice calls, video calls between jabber clients and between our Cisco TelePresence SX20

- Telepresence unit must work as till now - able to call anywhere, NATed behind VCS (currently we have this as a service from partner) - we have also integrated MCU for 4 participants conference

- Cisco Jabber connected without VPN from anywhere and able to call internal numbers or external numbers over CUCM

- Cisco Jabber connected without VPN from anywhere over VCE-E and able to do video calls

- Cisco Jabber able to video conference (Here I'm not sure what everything I need? MCU? Cisco 2911 with DSP?)

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12226141/ask-expert-plan-design-and-implement-mobile-remote-access-cisco-collaboration

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate