Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence v10 with VCS

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

because our partner has not experiences with CUCM 10 , IM and Presnece 10 and VCS for virtual machine I would like to ask you for some info.

We are owner of CUCM 10 and currently implementing IM and Presnece 10 with VCS for virtual machine.

My setup is 2 x CUCM, 2 x CUPS, VCS-C, VCS-E, all sucessfully installed and licensed.

What I need to know is what everything I'm allowed to do with standard Enhanced user licenses in CUCM regarding VCS and what I need to buy more.

VCS-C and VCS-E are both free for owners of CUCM 10. But when I licensed them, I have "0" traversal calls on VCS-E. Do I need to buy them?

My VCS-E licenses:

Expressway Series  Active
H323-SIP Interworking Gateway  Active
1800 TURN Relays  Active
Advanced Networking  Active
Traversal Server  Active

Summary: 0 Rich Media Sessions, 1800 TURN Relays, Traversal Server, Encryption, Interworking, Advanced Networking, Expressway Series

Current licenses
Traversal calls  0      
TURN relays  1800

My VCS-Control licenses:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 0 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption.

What I want to achiev:

- Replace Cisco IP Communicator with Cisco Jabber

- Let users do voice calls, video calls between jabber clients and between our Cisco TelePresence SX20

- Telepresence unit must work as till now - able to call anywhere, NATed behind VCS (currently we have this as a service from partner) - we have also integrated MCU for 4 participants conference

- Cisco Jabber connected without VPN from anywhere and able to call internal numbers or external numbers over CUCM

- Cisco Jabber connected without VPN from anywhere over VCE-E and able to do video calls

- Cisco Jabber able to video conference (Here I'm not sure what everything I need? MCU? Cisco 2911 with DSP?)

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12226141/ask-expert-plan-design-and-implement-mobile-remote-access-cisco-collaboration

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: