Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.0.1.10000-24 Active Directory Sync - Directory URI cleared after sync

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if it is intended or bug when AD sync is performed each time it clears Directory URI field even I have selected it in mapping to <None>.

Because I have different domain for Jabber URI dialing than email domain I need to fill it up manually, but performing sync other data from AD.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

If you dont have anything in Directory URI (ie None), then the Directory URI will not be synced over and what you are seeing is normal. It gets removed from the extensions page.

Please rate useful posts.

isn't there any workaround how to sync users from LDAP but have Directory URI for user set manually?

I need to set it up due IM and Presence as I have domain in email format for Lync Server 2013 and now I need another domain for CUCM and IM and Presence as it couldn't coexist on same domain. Or it could?

Oh, sure, you can go to the extension and scroll down to the Directory URI section and assign it there manually.

so the best choose jabber device extension which is assigned in controlled devices on end user configuration?

Not sure I understand but if you assign the Directory URI to an individual extension, that Directory URI automatically gets associated to all the devices that has that extension. As to which extensions the Directory URI needs to be assigned will be determined by what extensions a user has. 

I'm not sure if that is what I want. I want then End User could be dialed by URI - from WAN partners and also from LAN jabber clients. So I need that this URI is unique for users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: